14 February 2019
Gigabit Voucher Scheme – it’s half-time!
It was announced earlier this week that the Government’s Gigabit Voucher Scheme fund – which gives small businesses up to £2,500 to claim against the installation cost a gigabit capable connection – has almost reached its halfway point.
Up to the end of 2018, almost 4,000 businesses and residents have new connections representing £8.7m of vouchers, with a further £16.8m funding being committed for early 2019. The scheme began March last year with a starting total fund of £67m, highlighting that the Gigabit Voucher Scheme has been extremely popular.
However, there are eligibility requirements for the Gigabit Voucher Scheme
In order to qualify, your business must be a small to medium-sized enterprise. This is defined as a business which:
- Employs fewer than 250 people
- Has an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million; and/or
- An annual balance sheet total not exceeding €43 million (this also includes sole traders)
- Has not received more than €200k in public grants in the last three years
Registered charities are also included and up to £500 is available for residents in the area as part of a group project led by a supplier.
How do the vouchers work?
The scheme is only available through registered suppliers
- Therefore, your first step is to find a registered supplier (like us!) who will then request a voucher from the Government
- The Government then contact you to double check you’re happy to proceed via email
- We get to work to deliver your new connection
- Once you’re connected, we’ll notify the Government
- The Government then Email you to double check the service is live and working…
- … and they could also make some further checks before they pay
Start your fibre revolution today
As a registered supplier, we suggest getting in contact sooner rather than later to get your gigabit voucher.